- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vegan Vanilla Cupcakes with Chocolate Icing Recipe Video
|For the cake|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|White sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Canola oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Soy milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Unsweetened apple sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|For chocolate icing|
|Icing sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs), softened (I use Earth Balance Vegan Buttery Sticks)|
|Unsweetened cocoa powder||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Soy milk||3 Tablespoon|
Calories 1904 Calories from Fat 972
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 110 g169.5%
Saturated Fat 17 g84.9%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 852.1 mg35.5%
Total Carbohydrates 244 g81.4%
Dietary Fiber 23 g91.9%
Sugars 156 g
Protein 21 g41.4%
Vitamin A 38.9% Vitamin C 0.09%
Calcium 38.4% Iron 67.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and line muffin tins with cupcake liners.
2. In a large bowl, combine all the cake ingredients and mix with a large spoon until all the ingredients are combined and there are few lumps.
3. If need be, you can use a whisk to get the lumps out.
4. Fill the liners till they are ⅔ full and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick stuck in the centre comes out clean.
5. Let them cool for a few minutes in the pans, then remove them and place on cooling racks to cool off completely.
6. To make the icing, beat margarine for about 30 seconds.
7. Continue beating, adding ½ cup icing sugar at a time and beat on low speed till smooth.
8. Add the vanilla and soy milk, beat again.
9. Ice when the cupcakes are completely cool and serve them over tea or coffee.