- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vegan Thanksgiving: Three Colored Potatoes Recipe Video
|Potatoes||6 Large, peeled, placed in cold water|
|Olive oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm)|
|Ginger||2 Teaspoon, chopped finely|
|Beet||1 Medium, peeled, chopped|
|Ground coriander||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon zest||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 590 Calories from Fat 323
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g56.3%
Saturated Fat 5.1 g25.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 144.8 mg6%
Total Carbohydrates 64 g21.4%
Dietary Fiber 9.3 g37.1%
Sugars 7.5 g
Protein 8 g15.2%
Vitamin A 0.6% Vitamin C 107.2%
Calcium 6% Iron 19.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a small pot place two peeled potatoes. Add lemon zest, salt and water. Bring to boil and continue to boil until the potatoes are soft. Remove from the stove and set aside.
2. In another small pot place two other potatoes. Add one teaspoon of the fresh ginger, turmeric, salt and water. Bring to boil and continue to boil until the potatoes are soft. Remove from the stove and set aside.
3. In a third small pot Place the last of the potatoes. Add the beet, the salt and the water. Bring to a boil and continue to boil until the potatoes are soft. Remove from the stove and set aside.
4. Preheat the oven to 395 degrees F.
5. In small bowl, mash one garlic, add the plain potatoes, little of the boiling water, 1/3 rd of the olive oil, salt and pepper. Mash until smooth. Spoon the mashed potatoes into shallow baking dish. Smooth and set aside.
6. In another bowl, mash one garlic, add the pinkish potatoes, the boiled beet, chili paste, coriander, 1/3rd olive oil and salt. Mash until you have reddish mashed potato. Spoon this potatoes over the plain potatoes about one inch thick. Smooth and set aside.
7. In another bowl, mash the last garlic, add the yellow potatoes, the rest of the ginger, the lemon zest, the rest of the olive oil and salt. Mash until smooth. Spoon the yellow mashed potatoes over the red potato and smooth.
8. Bake for 35 minutes.
9. In a serving plate, slice and serve the mashed potatoes hot with choice of main dish.