- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vegan Thanksgiving: Pickled Beets and Radishes Recipe Video
|Turnips||4 Medium, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch thick slices|
|Beets||2 Medium, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch thick slices|
|Fresh ginger||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), cut into 1/4-inch thick slices|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled|
|White vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sea salt||4 Tablespoon|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Calories 139 Calories from Fat 5
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.58 g0.89%
Saturated Fat 0.09 g0.45%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 4868 mg202.8%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.4%
Dietary Fiber 8.8 g35.2%
Sugars 20.2 g
Protein 5 g10%
Vitamin A 2.1% Vitamin C 65%
Calcium 7.6% Iron 12.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Make small cut in the jalapeno pepper and place on the bottom of the jar.
2. Add the garlic and half of the ginger.
3. Put half of the beets and top with half of the turnips. Shake gently and then add the rest of the ginger, the rest of the beets and then the rest of the turnips.
4. Pour the vinegar over the vegetables.
5. Mix the sea salt with the water and pour over the vegetables until the jar is full. Cover and shake gently.
6. Let it sit for 1 week.
7. Serve it to compliment any meal.