- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vegan Sushi Recipe Video
|Nori sheets||12 Large|
|Sushi rice||3 Cup (48 tbs), cooked|
|Pickled ginger||1 Cup (16 tbs), cut into thin strips|
|Avocado||2 Large, sliced|
|Carrot||2 Large, cut into thin strips|
|Tofu||400 Gram, cut into thin strips|
|Soy sauce||6 Tablespoon (to serve)|
Calories 1159 Calories from Fat 408
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 49 g75.3%
Saturated Fat 7 g35%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2319 mg96.6%
Total Carbohydrates 157 g52.5%
Dietary Fiber 25.2 g100.7%
Sugars 5.5 g
Protein 26 g51.8%
Vitamin A 147.4% Vitamin C 70.5%
Calcium 8.5% Iron 17.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. To make the sushi we will be using a bamboo mat. Place the nori sheet, shiny side down onto the rolling mat.
2. Leaving about 1-inch edge from the bottom, spoon about 1/4 cup of the cooked sushi rice in a line on the nori sheet.
3. Arrange slices of tofu, avocado, carrot sticks and pickled ginger, in rows.
4. Now to roll the sushi, grab the end of the mat where the fillings are arranged and tuck them into the nori sheet as you roll, pressing lightly to make a firm and tight roll.
5. To seal the sushi roll, brush the closing edge with water. This will help the roll to stick and not come apart when cut.
6. To cut the sushi, dip a sharp knife into water and cut into 2-inch pieces or quarters.
7. Serve with soy sauce for dipping and pickled ginger on the side.