- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vegan Snowball Cookies Recipe Video
|Non-hydrogenated margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Caster sugar||4 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|Walnuts||8 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Whole wheat pastry flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Powdered sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs) (for coating the cookies)|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4155 Calories from Fat 2272
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 261 g401.4%
Saturated Fat 39.4 g196.9%
Trans Fat 13.1 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1737.9 mg72.4%
Total Carbohydrates 434 g144.6%
Dietary Fiber 28.2 g112.6%
Sugars 306.2 g
Protein 32 g64.1%
Vitamin A 161.5% Vitamin C 3.3%
Calcium 26.3% Iron 46%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
2. In a dry, medium size bowl, mix together the margarine, caster sugar, salt and vanilla until creamy and smooth.
3. Add the flour and the walnuts to the mixture and stir well. The dough should be of a stiff consistency.
4. Roll into small balls (1-inch) using no more than 1 tablespoon of dough.
5. Place the dough balls onto a cookie sheet, 2 inches apart from each other and bake for 15 minutes or until the bottom of a cookie is golden brown.
6. Remove from oven and allow the cookies to cool for a few minutes.
7. Combine the powdered sugar and cinnamon in a large bowl. Drop each cookie in the bowl of powdered sugar to coat. Roll the cookies in the sugar two or three times to completely coat them.
8. Arrange on a platter to place on your holiday table or wrap and share with family and friends in gift hampers.