- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vegan Oat Bar Cookies Recipe Video
|Oats||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Non-hydrogenated margarine||4 Tablespoon|
|Natural brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Maple syrup||1 Tablespoon|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2457 Calories from Fat 596
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 69 g105.5%
Saturated Fat 12.1 g60.7%
Trans Fat 3.5 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2795.6 mg116.5%
Total Carbohydrates 424 g141.2%
Dietary Fiber 31.4 g125.5%
Sugars 222.4 g
Protein 50 g100.8%
Vitamin A 42.9% Vitamin C 0.1%
Calcium 72.4% Iron 90.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Grease a 9-inch by 11-inch rectangle baking pan.
3. In a bowl mix together the oats, baking powder, salt and set aside
4. Add the margarine and the sugar to a saucepan. Heat and stir until the margarine and sugar melted together.
5. Pour the syrup over the oats add the maple syrup and mix well.
6. Turn into greased baking pan and press down evenly
7. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned on top.
8. Cool for a few minutes and cut into bars.
9. Remove bars from pan while slightly warm as the bars will stick to the pan when they cool completely.
10. Enjoy as a morning or evening snack.
You can add nuts like walnuts or almonds and raisins or dates to the oats if you like.