- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vegan Mock Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe Video
|Broccoli||1 Cup (16 tbs), cut into flowers|
|Celery stalks||2 Large, chopped|
|Carrots||2 Large, cut into roundels|
|Onion||1 Large, finely chopped|
|Garlic clove||2 Large, finely chopped|
|Water||6 Cup (96 tbs), boiling|
|Vegetable bouillon cubes||3 Medium|
|Dried dill||1 Teaspoon|
|Herb seasoning||1 Teaspoon (no salt)|
|Noodles||6 Ounce (you can use any type you like.)|
|Tofu||7 Ounce, cubed (organic, pre-baked, savory flavor.)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1128 Calories from Fat 145
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g22.6%
Saturated Fat 3 g15.2%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 142.9 mg
Sodium 4400 mg183.3%
Total Carbohydrates 203 g67.7%
Dietary Fiber 22.6 g90.3%
Sugars 32.2 g
Protein 46 g91.3%
Vitamin A 522.5% Vitamin C 327.2%
Calcium 47.6% Iron 55.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large soup pot, heat the olive oil.
2. Add the vegetables and garlic and sweat then add 2 tablespoon water and steam until tender, about 10 minutes.
3. In the meantime, in another saucepan, to the boiling water, add the bouillon cubes and simmer until dissolved. Add the all purpose seasoning and dried dill to the stock.
4. Pour the stock into the pot with vegetables. Bring to a rapid boil.
5. Break noodles into 1 1/2 inch pieces. Add to the soup.
6. Add the tofu cubes.
7. Simmer until the noodles are tender.
8. Ladle the soup with the veggies, noodles and soup into a large bowl.
9. Enjoy warm on a cold winter day!