- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vegan Macaroni and Cheese Recipe Video
|Macaroni pasta||1 Pound (brown rice or any one you like)|
|Peas||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Breadcrumb||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cashew||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Nutritional yeast||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 674 Calories from Fat 141
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g25.8%
Saturated Fat 3 g15%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 334.6 mg13.9%
Total Carbohydrates 109 g36.2%
Dietary Fiber 7.9 g31.8%
Sugars 7.6 g
Protein 24 g48.9%
Vitamin A 12.1% Vitamin C 25.5%
Calcium 6.6% Iron 42.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Needblender
1. For sauce in blender, add water, cashew, yeast, turmeric, paprika, and salt. Blend for about a minute or until smooth.
2. Follow package direction and cook macaroni in boiling water.
3. When the pasta is almost done, drop peas in water and cook for a minute.
4. In a colander, drain pasta and put it back into the pan.
5. Place the pan on medium heat and pour sauce in it. Stir constantly and cook until the sauce gets the right consistency.
6. Sprinkle breadcrumb on top and serve pasta hot.
Store leftover pasta in refrigerator for about a week. Sprinkle a couple of drops of water and heat to get right consistency before serving.