- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vegan Mac and Cheese Recipe Video
|Elbow pasta||1 Pound|
|Wheat flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Canola oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Soy milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Basil and garlic powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Onion powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Water||12 Cup (192 tbs)|
|Daiya cheddar cheese||3 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Daiya mozzarella cheese||3 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Basil and garlic powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Bread crumbs||2 Tablespoon (Optional)|
Calories 1619 Calories from Fat 531
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 61 g93.3%
Saturated Fat 10.9 g54.3%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 39.2 mg
Sodium 954.5 mg39.8%
Total Carbohydrates 215 g71.7%
Dietary Fiber 14.7 g58.7%
Sugars 19 g
Protein 55 g110%
Vitamin A 46.4% Vitamin C 6%
Calcium 44% Iron 63.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a deep pan, boil water, add pasta and cook until done. Strain and poir in gain to the deep pan.
3. In a saucepan, heat canola oil over medium heat, stir in the flour, cook until the flour is slightly cooked. Add soymilk and bring to boil.
4. In a small bowl mix together salt, pepper, basil garlic spice,paprika and onion powder, add to the saucepan.
5. Mix together both the flavors of daiya cheese and add stir in to the saucepan.
6. Pour the about half of the prepared sauce into the pasta and mix. Transfer the mixture to a baking dish. Season with basil and garlic, paprika and bread crumbs.
7. Bake at 350F for about 20 mins or until the top layer turns golden brown.
8. Serve hot with your choice of bread.