- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spicy Glazed Tempeh Fajitas Recipe Video
|Tomato||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), small dice|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), pressed|
|Lemon||1 , juice extracted|
|Lemon||1 (Zest Only)|
|Parsley/Cilantro||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Sea salt||1 Pinch|
|Balsamic vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|For spicy glazed tempeh|
|Tempeh||8 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Maple syrup||1 Teaspoon|
|For hot vegetables|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
|For raw vegetables|
|Avocado||1 , chopped|
|Green onions||2 , sliced|
|Carrots||2 , grated|
Calories 272 Calories from Fat 109
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.3%
Saturated Fat 2.7 g13.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 300.3 mg12.5%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.8%
Dietary Fiber 7.9 g31.5%
Sugars 6 g
Protein 13 g25.8%
Vitamin A 88.3% Vitamin C 67.1%
Calcium 11.6% Iron 15.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, put together all the salsa ingredients and mix well; keep aside.
2. In a bowl with a tight-fitting lid, put the mushrooms, sprinkle sea salt and balsamic vinegar; cover with the lid and shake until you see them start to get wet.
3. Let them marinate for 15 hours; keep aside.
SPICY GLAZED TEMPEH
4. Cut the tempeh into strips.
5. In a small skillet, heat oil over medium heat and heat the tempeh briefly in the oil.
6. Add spices to tempeh and stir to coat.
7. Add your favorite liquid sweetener to the tempeh; stir and coat, and cook for a few minutes to create a glaze.
8. Remove the tempeh from the pan, and you can keep it warm in the oven on very low, or allow it to cool if you aren't particular.
9. In the same skillet, add olive oil and saute onion over medium heatin the olive oil.
10. Once the onions are translucent, add the zucchini, sprinkle sea salt on it, and saute until the zucchini is soft.
11. Prepare the raw vegetables, while zucchini is cooking.
12. In a toaster oven or skillet, heat your tortilla shells for a few minutes and serve everything at once.