- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vegan Eggplant Ratatouille Recipe
|Eggplant||1 Pound (1 Eggplant)|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped to make 1 cup|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Vegetable oil/Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Yellow squash||1⁄2 Pound (1 Large Sized)|
|Zucchini||1⁄2 Pound (1 Large Sized)|
|Tomatoes||1 Large, peeled and chopped|
|Thyme leaf||1 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Basil leaf||1 Teaspoon, crumbled|
Calories 188 Calories from Fat 104
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.3%
Saturated Fat 1.6 g7.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 985.4 mg41.1%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.7%
Dietary Fiber 7.1 g28.6%
Sugars 9.3 g
Protein 4 g7.9%
Vitamin A 13% Vitamin C 43.8%
Calcium 5.1% Iron 5.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) On a cookie sheet, place the whole eggplant.
2) In moderate oven at temperature 350Â°, bake the eggplant for 45 minutes or until it is tender.
3) On wire rack, let the eggplant cooled.
4) Halve the eggplant and scoop out the pulp, let the shells remain as it is.
5) Trim zucchini and squash and cut them into halves.
6) In a large skillet, heat oil and sautÃ© onion and garlic until soft.
7) Add squash and zucchini and sautÃ© for 3 minutes while stirring.
8) Stir in salt, tomatoes, thyme, pepper and basil and cook until well blended.
9) Cover the skillet and simmer for 30 minutes until vegetables are tender and liquid is absorbed.
10) Spoon the cooked vegetables into empty eggplant shells.
11) Serve as side dish with meats or chill to serve as an appetizer