- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vegan Egg Nog Recipe Video
|Almond milk||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Orange peel||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), candied|
|Bourbon||4 Tablespoon (Optional)|
Calories 725 Calories from Fat 335
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g60.9%
Saturated Fat 24.4 g121.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 152.9 mg6.4%
Total Carbohydrates 85 g28.2%
Dietary Fiber 7.5 g29.8%
Sugars 60.9 g
Protein 6 g12.6%
Vitamin A 1.1% Vitamin C 28.7%
Calcium 8.1% Iron 0.63%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a blender, blend ¼ cup of candied orange peel. Set aside.
2. In a large pan, pour the almond milk. Dissolve cornstarch in it.
3. Add the pureed orange peel, cointreau and bring to boil stirring continuously.
4. Turn off the heat once the eggnog begins to coat the spoon, but not very thick.
5. Put the remaining orange peel, strain the eggnog while mashing the orange peel with a spoon.
6. Allow complete cooling before serving.
7. In a serving glass, pour the eggnog and serve garnished with cinnamon powder.
To make eggnog for adults, mix bourbon before serving.