- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How to make Granola Bars - Healthy Granola - Chewy Chocolate Granola Bars Recipe Video
|Whole grain oats||6 Tablespoon|
|Wheat bran||3 Tablespoon|
|Dates||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), pitted|
|Pure maple syrup||3 Tablespoon|
|Sea salt||1 Pinch (Optional)|
Calories 105 Calories from Fat 35
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.3%
Saturated Fat 0.44 g2.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 18.2 mg0.8%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g14.6%
Sugars 7.2 g
Protein 3 g5.9%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0.29%
Calcium 1.7% Iron 4.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a food processor, lightly grind up the whole grain oats and wheat bran. Place in a bowl.
3. In the same processor, grind walnuts and raisins together. Scrape out the mixture into the same bowl. Followed by grinding the dates.
4. Add in the cinnamon, maple syrup, cocoa, vanilla and salt. Mix together well.
5. Place the dough onto a cutting board, and flatten with a rolling pin. As thick or thin as you want your bars to be.
6. Cut off the uneven edges of the mixture to give a rectangle shape. Slice the bars with knife.
7. Place into the prepared baking sheet. Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes.
8. Take out the bars from the oven; leave it to cool for a few minutes.
9. You can wrap the bars individually to carry with you to work or school as a snack or store them in an airtight container and enjoy for breakfast if you like.