- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vegan Daiya Cheese Stix Recipe Video
|Daiya cheese||8 Ounce|
|Bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Soy milk||2 Tablespoon|
|Canola oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For deep frying)|
|For garlic herb seasoning|
|Garlic powder||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 482 Calories from Fat 352
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 41 g62.6%
Saturated Fat 3.1 g15.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1614.1 mg67.3%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.2%
Dietary Fiber 6.5 g26.1%
Sugars 3.6 g
Protein 8 g15.7%
Vitamin A 3.5% Vitamin C 4.3%
Calcium 16.4% Iron 12.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a small bowl, mix together all ingredients of the garlic herb seasoning.
2. In a double boiler, melt the cheese mixed with soy milk and a teaspoon of the garlic herb seasoning. Transfer the mixture to a loafpan, make the surface even and refrigerate for about an hour.
3. On a chopping board, scrape the cheese neatly and cut into fingers.
4. In a separate small bowl, mix together the bread crumbs with the remaining seasoning.
5. Dip the cheese fingers one at time, first in soy milk then dredge into the flour, dip again into the soy milk and finally coat with the bread crumb mixture.
6. In a saucepan heat canola oil, fry the fingers for a couple of minutes until crisp.
7. Serve hot with your choice of dip.