- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vegan Corn Dogs Recipe Video
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Corn meal||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Hot almond milk/Soy milk||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Regular salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Raw agave nectar||1 Tablespoon|
|Vegan hot dogs/Beerwurst||4 Medium|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (for deep frying)|
Calories 549 Calories from Fat 141
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g33%
Saturated Fat 2.8 g13.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1143.9 mg47.7%
Total Carbohydrates 73 g24.2%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g14.9%
Sugars 22.1 g
Protein 17 g33.2%
Vitamin A 1.6% Vitamin C
Calcium 38.2% Iron 45.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a mixing bowl combine all flour, corn meal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt and whisk together.
2. Add your tofu and mash it up.
3. Add the wet ingredients and the Agave and mix together and refrigerate for 10-15 minutes.
4. Heat a pot of oil to 350 degrees
5. Put your dogs on a skewer and coat with some corn starch.
6. Dip in batter and place in oil until brown.
7. Serve with tomato sauce or ketchup or as desired.