- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes Recipe Video
|Unbleached flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Salt||3⁄4 Teaspoon, divided (1/2 teaspoon for dry ingredients and 1/4 teaspoon for frosting)|
|Hot water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Agave/Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Unsweetened cocoa||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Instant coffee||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Apple sauce/Oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Apple cider vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla||3 Teaspoon, divided (2 teaspoons for wet ingredients and 1 teaspoon for frosting)|
|Peanut butter frosting|
|Peanut butter||1 Cup (16 tbs) (creamy)|
|Vegan shortening or butter||5 Tablespoon (Earth Balance/Spectrum)|
|Powdered sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Coconut milk||3 Tablespoon|
|Melted chocolate/Ganache||1 Tablespoon|
|Peanuts||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
Calories 297 Calories from Fat 140
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.2%
Saturated Fat 3.9 g19.7%
Trans Fat 0.7 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 274.3 mg11.4%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.7%
Dietary Fiber 5.9 g23.7%
Sugars 10.7 g
Protein 7 g14.5%
Vitamin A 0.1% Vitamin C 1.4%
Calcium 8% Iron 7.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a bowl, sift in flour, soda and salt.
3. In a bowl or jug mix together, cocoa powder, coffee, agave and hot water.
4. In another bowl, put together cocoa powder mixture, apple sauce, vanilla, and apple cider vinegar and blend well using hand blender.
5. Slowly sprinkle in the flour mixture in 3 parts and beat well after each addition.
6. In cupcake tray, lined with cupcake liners, transfer the batter and bake for 17-22 minutes.
For the frosting:
7. In a bowl, cream together peanut butter and shortening, using hand blender.
8. Add in salt and vanilla and mix well.
9. Add in powdered sugar little at a time and alternate with milk, add in more milk or powdered sugar as needed for the consistency of the frosting.
10. Fill a piping bag with the frosting.
11. Pipe the frosting on top of the cupcakes, sprinkle peanuts and drizzle with melted chocolate or ganache.
12. Serve as desired.
You can use whatever dairy substitute you'd like.