- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vegan Chili Recipe Video
|Kidney beans||2 Cup (32 tbs), cooked|
|Tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced with juice|
|Corn||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (with few black beans)|
|Red onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Cilantro||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Jalapeno||1 Medium, chopped|
|Red bell pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), seeded, diced|
|Scallion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Chilli powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground coriander||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cumin||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
Calories 402 Calories from Fat 89
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.6%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g6.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 355.5 mg14.8%
Total Carbohydrates 63 g21.1%
Dietary Fiber 13 g52.1%
Sugars 3.6 g
Protein 17 g34.7%
Vitamin A 20.4% Vitamin C 31.6%
Calcium 8.7% Iron 33.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large pot, heat 2 tablespoon olive oil. Saute the red onions till translucent.
2. Add tomato, kidney beans, corn, water and salt. Stir, close and bring it to boil.
3. In the meanwhile, in a pan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil.
4. Add red bell pepper, jalapeno, cilantro and sauté for 1 minute.
5. Put chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin, garlic and sauté for 1 more minute.
6. Add this mixture into the vegetable mix and simmer for another 5 minutes.
7. In a serving bowl, serve the chilli hot garnished with cilantro and scallions, with bread or any side of choice.