- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vegan Caramel Corn Recipe Video
|Earth balance vegan buttery sticks/Vegan margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Demerara sugar/Dark brown sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Corn syrup||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Popped popcorn||18 Cup (288 tbs) (3/4 cup popcorn kernels)|
Calories 2186 Calories from Fat 543
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 58 g89.5%
Saturated Fat 9.6 g48.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2366.1 mg98.6%
Total Carbohydrates 406 g135.3%
Dietary Fiber 7.7 g30.8%
Sugars 298.1 g
Protein 29 g57.1%
Vitamin A Vitamin C
Calcium 10.7% Iron 24.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 250°F.
2. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
3. Divide the popcorn between 2 large bowls.
4. In a large saucepan melt the margarine over medium heat.
5. Stir in the sugar, corn syrup and salt and bring the mixture to a boil, stirring constantly.
6. Once it starts to boil, stop stirring and boil for 4 minutes.
7. Remove from the heat, add the vanilla and baking soda and stir.
8. Pour evenly over the 2 bowls of popcorn and stir well to coat.
9. Spread the coated corn onto the prepared baking sheets and bake for 1 hour, stirring the popcorn every 15 minutes.
10. Remove, let it cool completely and then break up into pieces.
11. Serve as it is or use in other recipes.