- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vegan Buttermilk Pancakes Recipe Video
|Soy milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Apple cider vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|White sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Unsweetned applesauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vegan margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs), melted|
Calories 1797 Calories from Fat 822
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 92 g142.3%
Saturated Fat 16.1 g80.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2213.7 mg92.2%
Total Carbohydrates 225 g74.9%
Dietary Fiber 6.7 g26.7%
Sugars 117.3 g
Protein 21 g42.2%
Vitamin A 77.8% Vitamin C 0.18%
Calcium 45.3% Iron 44.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Mix the soy milk and apple cider vinegar together and set aside to curdle for 5-10 minutes.
2. In a large bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
3. Mix the melted margarine and applesauce into the curdled soy milk.
4. Using a spatula, combine the dry and wet ingredients to make a thick, lumpy batter, taking care not to over mix.
5. In a non-stick pan or griddle, melt some margarine over medium-high heat and ladle 1/3 cup of batter onto the hot pan.
6. Take care not to overcrowd the pan, since the pancakes will puff up as they cook.
7. When bubbles appear on the surface of the pancakes and the edges begin to brown, flip the pancakes and cook the other side.
8. Cook the pancake for about 2-3 minutes per side.
9. Keep the pancakes warm in a low oven while you make the rest and serve with some maple syrup if desired.