- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vegan-Bap - Easy Korean Cooking Recipe Video
|For the shiitake mushrooms|
|Shiitake mushrooms||12 Medium|
|Boiling water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For reconstitution of the shiitake mushrooms)|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Shaoxing wine||2 Tablespoon|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Hot water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|For the spinach|
|Spinach||1 Bunch (100 gm) (Washed and rinsed)|
|Boiling water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Sesame oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Sesame seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|For the gochujang sauce|
|Honey||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Hot water||1 Tablespoon|
|For the cilantro garlic sauce|
|Cilantro leaves||1⁄2 Bunch (50 gm)|
|Garlic paste||1 Tablespoon, roasted|
|Lime||1 Medium, juiced|
|Canola oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sesame oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Carrot||1 Medium, julienned|
|Sprouts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Tofu||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced (Smoked tofu)|
|Steamed rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|English cucumber||1⁄2 Medium, julienned|
|Avocado||1⁄2 Medium, sliced (for garnishing)|
Calories 791 Calories from Fat 456
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 52 g80.6%
Saturated Fat 5.6 g27.8%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1665.3 mg69.4%
Total Carbohydrates 74 g24.6%
Dietary Fiber 13 g52.1%
Sugars 31 g
Protein 13 g25.4%
Vitamin A 233% Vitamin C 67.3%
Calcium 16.8% Iron 28.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, add the mushrooms, pour in the boiling water, cover and reconstitute the shiitake mushrooms. Once done, drain and squeeze out the excess moisture using a kitchen paper towel and slice them, discarding the woody stems.
2. In a small saucepan on medium heat, add the mushroom slices, soy sauce, shaoxing cooking wine and brown sugar, hot water and stir on medium heat and let it simmer till the liquid is absorbed.Once done, take it off the heat and set aside.
3. In a pot with boiling hot salted water, add fresh spinach and blanch it for about 30 seconds. Once done, shock the leaves in cold water, drain and squeeze out the excess moisture.
4. Put them into a large mixing bowl and season it with soy sauce, sesame oil, salt to taste and garnish with sesame seeds and set aside.
5. For the Gochujang sauce: In a mixing bowl, combine together sesame oil, gochujang, soy sauce, honey and a splash of hot water. Whisk well and combine. Garnish it with sesame seeds and set aside.
6. For the Cilantro Garlic sauce: In a food processor or blender, add fresh cilantro, roasted garlic puree, lime juice and blend into a nice paste.
7. Continue to blend in slow speed and slowly drizzle in canola oil till you have a nice emulsion. Season with a pinch of salt and set aside.
8. In a saucepan on medium high, heat sesame oil, stir fry the carrots and sprouts separately for about 30 seconds. Set aside.
9. In another saucepan on medium high heat, add the smoked tofu and stir fry for 1 minute.
10. In a serving bowl serve by adding a couple of scoops of steamed rice and drizzle some of the gochujang sauce and cilantro garlic sauce on each side of the heaped rice. Then assemble the stir fried vegetables on top, arranging neatly .
11. Put the tofu in the center and garnish it with more gochujang sauce and sesame seeds.
12. Garnish it with extra toppings of your choice such as cucumber and avocado and serve.