- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vegan Apple Crumble Recipe Video
|Golden apples||3 Pound, peeled and sliced thinly (For Apple Filling (Approximately 10 medium apples))|
|Raw sugar/Organic brown sugar||8 Tablespoon (For Apple Filling)|
|Cinnamon||1 Teaspoon (For Apple Filling)|
|Nutmeg||1 Teaspoon (For Apple Filling)|
|Allspice||1 Teaspoon (For Apple Filling)|
|Ground cloves||1 Teaspoon (For Crumble Topping)|
|Whole wheat flour||8 Tablespoon (For Crumble Topping)|
|Rolled oats||8 Tablespoon (For Crumble Topping)|
|Flaked coconut||4 Tablespoon (For Crumble Topping)|
|Organic sugar/Raw sugar||2 Tablespoon (For Crumble Topping)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon (For Crumble Topping)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon (For Crumble Topping)|
|Non-hydrogenated margarine||4 Tablespoon, melted (For Crumble Topping)|
|Soy milk/Rice milk||2 Tablespoon (or you could use coconut milk)|
Calories 366 Calories from Fat 109
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.5%
Saturated Fat 5.8 g28.9%
Trans Fat 0.4 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 277.2 mg11.6%
Total Carbohydrates 64 g21.2%
Dietary Fiber 9 g36.1%
Sugars 37 g
Protein 5 g9.9%
Vitamin A 5.6% Vitamin C 1.5%
Calcium 7.6% Iron 9.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
2. Place apples, sugar for apple filling, and spices in a large pot or pan. Cook on a medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes or until soft.
3. In the meantime, mix the flour, oats, coconut, sugar and baking powder and soda in a bowl. Then pour in the margarine and mix gently. Add the milk and stir to mix.
4. Spoon the cooked apples in a 9-inch baking dish or casserole dish and sprinkle the crumble topping evenly over the filling.
5. Bake for 20 minutes or until nicely browned.
6. Let cool slightly then scoop into dessert bowls and serve while still warm.