- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vegan Apple Crisp Recipe Video
|Granny smith apple||6 Large, peeled, thinly sliced|
|Cinnamon||3 Teaspoon (1 teaspoon to mix with apples and 2 teaspoon for the topping)|
|Vegan butter/Non-hydrogenated margarine||2 Cup (32 tbs) (I used Earth Balance)|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Oats||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ground nutmeg||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 866 Calories from Fat 355
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g58.9%
Saturated Fat 6.6 g32.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 289.9 mg12.1%
Total Carbohydrates 109 g36.2%
Dietary Fiber 14.4 g57.4%
Sugars 59.9 g
Protein 23 g46.6%
Vitamin A 0.2% Vitamin C 0.2%
Calcium 9.1% Iron 26.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degree F.
2. Grease a 13-inch by 9-inch baking pan/casserole dish with oil.
3. Mix the peeled and sliced apples with 1 tsp of cinnamon. Toss well.
4. Spread the apples in the greased pan/dish.
5. In a medium bowl, mix the flour, vegan butter/margarine, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Work with your fingertips, until the mixture resembles crumbs. Stir in the oats.
6. Sprinkle the crumble topping evenly over the apples.
7. Bake in the hot oven for 30-35 minutes until till golden brown and crisp.
8. Remove and cool slightly. Spoon into dessert bowls and enjoy warm.