- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Veal Paprika Recipe
|Veal steak||1⁄2 Pound|
|Fat/Butter or margarine||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Sweet cream/Sour cream or undiluted evaporated milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 304 Calories from Fat 145
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.8%
Saturated Fat 6.5 g32.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 68.9 mg
Sodium 165.3 mg6.9%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.8%
Sugars 8.6 g
Protein 15 g29.4%
Vitamin A 42.5% Vitamin C 14.1%
Calcium 6.6% Iron 12%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Using a sharp knife, cut the veal into 4 or 5 portions
2) Sprinkle with salt and pepper and then with flour and paprika.
3) Pound the meat lightly with a knife.
4) Heat the fat and butter in a heavy skillet, and fry the meat until lightly browned.
5) Add onion and brown lightly
6) Sprinkle lemon juice over and stir to combine with pan juices.
7) Add in the cream and combine well
8) Place the lid on the pan and cook on a low heat for about 40 minutes till tender adding a few tablespoons of water time to time
9) Serve warm with buttered poppy seed noodle, a Bavarian red cabbage, grapefruit and romaine salad