- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Veal with Tarragon Recipe
|Shoulder veal||2 Pound|
|Dry white wine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sliced mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped fresh tarragon/2 teaspoons dried tarragon||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 , peeled and chopped|
|Sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Tarragon vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 714 Calories from Fat 341
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g59%
Saturated Fat 11.8 g59.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 365.9 mg
Sodium 256.9 mg10.7%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g6.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.3%
Sugars 3 g
Protein 64 g127.4%
Vitamin A 18.1% Vitamin C 19.2%
Calcium 14.6% Iron 20.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 275 degrees.
2) Cut the meat neatly into cubes measuring abut 1-inch each.
3) In a heavy skillet, brown the pieces of meat in oil, a few pieces at a time. Move the browned pieces to a plate.
4) In the oil left behind in the skillet, stir the flour and when absorbed, put the meat back into the skillet. Add in the seasoning, tarragon, onion, wine and 3/4 cup water.
5) Saute the mushrooms in a little butter and add to the mixture in the skillet. Stir till the mixture starts to bubble and then move it to a casserole.
6) Cover the casserole and cook it for about 1 3/4 to 2 hours.
7) Mix together the cream and egg yolk and stir into the casserole, add the vinegr cook for about 5-10 more minutes without placing the lid back on.
8) Serve hot after sprinkling parsley all over the preparation.