- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Veal Stew with Peas - Italian Recipe Video
|Celery stalks||1 Medium|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Dry white wine||5 Ounce|
|Meat broth||250 Milliliter|
|Green peas||500 Gram|
|Extra virgin olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
Calories 445 Calories from Fat 206
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g34.8%
Saturated Fat 6 g29.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 105.8 mg
Sodium 290.1 mg12.1%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.7%
Dietary Fiber 5.4 g21.7%
Sugars 7.2 g
Protein 31 g61.4%
Vitamin A 47.3% Vitamin C 61.1%
Calcium 6.2% Iron 9.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Begin by chopping finely the carrot, onion and celery, then brown them in a pan with 4 tbsp of oil.
2. Cutting the meat into cubes about 1 inch (2,5 cm) to a side, roll in flour and add it to the vegetable mixture. Now stir and let it brown, now add the white wine and let it evaporate.
3. At this point add the broth, salt and pepper cook the stew for 20 minutes in the pressure cooker; if you don't have a pressure cooker, use a normal pan and double the cooking time.
4. If you find the stew too dry, you can add a ladle of hot water; now add the peas and cook still in the pressure cooker for 5 minutes more.
5. Our veal stew with peas is ready.
6. You can serve it with steamed rice.