- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Veal Stew with Fennel Recipe
|Veal stew meat||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fennel seed||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Green onions||3 Small, chopped|
|Spinach leaves||20 Ounce, frozen (2 Packages)|
Calories 435 Calories from Fat 263
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g45.2%
Saturated Fat 6.9 g34.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 89.6 mg
Sodium 226.2 mg9.4%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g3%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13.4%
Sugars 2.7 g
Protein 34 g67.9%
Vitamin A 185% Vitamin C 55.4%
Calcium 12.9% Iron 24.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a dutch oven or heavy kettle brown the meat in the oil and season meat with salt and pepper.
2. Stir in the onion and saute until limp, but not brown.
3. Adding water and fennel seed to the pot simmer the stew with cover over low heat for about 1 hour such that the meat is tender.
4. Add more water if necessary during cooking and put in the onions and spinach.
5. Cover and simmer such that the spinach is tender, about 5 to 10 minutes and season to taste.
6. On a heated serving platter arrange the meat, surround with a border of spinach, garnish with lemon wedges and serve.