- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Veal Scalopini Recipe
|Veal||2 Pound, cut into 1/4inch thick slices|
|Seasoned flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Onions||2 Medium, chopped|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sherry/White wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 446 Calories from Fat 313
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g54.3%
Saturated Fat 10.1 g50.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 102.1 mg
Sodium 244.1 mg10.2%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.99 g4%
Sugars 2.2 g
Protein 22 g43.7%
Vitamin A 6% Vitamin C 10.5%
Calcium 3.6% Iron 2.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Dredge the veal cutlets with the seasoned flour.
2. In a large skillet or frying pan, heat the butter and oil.
3. Arrange the cutlets and sear well on both sides until well browned.
4. Remove the cutlets to a platter.
5. To the drippings in the skillet, add the onions and sauté till soft.
6. Add the parsley and mushrooms and sauté until tender.
7. Return the cutlets to the pan, pour the water and add seasonings.
8. Simmer veal on a low flame 1 ½ to 2 hours until fork tender.
9. Towards the last 30 minutes of cooking, add the sherry or wine.
10. Serve the veal and gravy over noodles or rice.