- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Veal Scallopini Recipe
|Garlic clove||1 Small, quartered|
|Peppercorns||1 Teaspoon (Leveled) (Use A Few Grains)|
|Pepper||To Taste (Few Grains)|
|Nutmeg||1 Teaspoon (Leveled) (Use A Few Grains)|
|Onion||1 Small, thinly sliced|
|Marsala wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned sliced mushrooms/1/2 pound fresh mushrooms||4 Ounce, drained|
|Fresh mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound|
|Coarsely chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 174 Calories from Fat 57
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.9%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 45 mg
Sodium 208.3 mg8.7%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.9%
Sugars 3.3 g
Protein 14 g28%
Vitamin A 12.8% Vitamin C 15.8%
Calcium 1.8% Iron 4.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pan in oil saute garlic over low flame for 5 minutes and discard the garlic.
2. In the oil brown the cutlets.
3. In a bowl or a cup mix flour, salt, pepper and nutmeg and sprinkle over the browned meat.
4. Adding onion and wine simmer with cover for about 20 minutes, turning the meat several times.
5. Add more liquid (wine or tomato juice) if necessary and add mushrooms and cook with cover for 8 to 10 minutes longer.
6. Serve as desired.