- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Veal Scaloppine Alla Marsala Recipe
|Unsalted butter||4 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Veal scallops||1 1⁄4 Pound|
|Marsala wine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Fresh thyme sprigs||4|
Calories 642 Calories from Fat 386
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 43 g66.8%
Saturated Fat 15.8 g79.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 193.8 mg
Sodium 130.5 mg5.4%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.8%
Dietary Fiber 1 g4.1%
Sugars 3.5 g
Protein 43 g86.5%
Vitamin A 9.5% Vitamin C 24%
Calcium 2.5% Iron 3.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Gently coat each scallop with flour.
2) In a large skillet,combine butter and oil,heat until very hot but not smoking hot.
3) Saute veal brown on both the sides.
4) Reduce the heat to moderate and add lemon juice and Marsala.
5) Now reduce to a simmer and cook the veal for another 4 to 5 minutes.
6) Season with salt and pepper.
7) Serve immediately, garnished with fresh thyme sprigs.