- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Veal Saumone Recipe
|Veal leg/Veal shoulder||5 Pound|
|Onions||4 , sliced|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , sliced|
|White wine vinegar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Dry white wine||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Chopped chives||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
Calories 301 Calories from Fat 54
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.2%
Saturated Fat 2.3 g11.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 147.4 mg
Sodium 161.2 mg6.7%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.4%
Sugars 2.6 g
Protein 40 g81%
Vitamin A 4.3% Vitamin C 14%
Calcium 3.6% Iron 11.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Get the bone removed from the veal by telling your butcher.
2. Season well and make small rolls with it. Tie the rolls with a string.
3. Take a glass dish and place lemon and onion slices in it.
4. Add parsley, juniper berries, bay leaves, cloves, tarragon, thyme and vinegar.
5. Marinate the veal and cover the pan. Place in the refrigerator for 1-2 days while keep turning the veal twice every day.
6. In a large pan, place veal and add the marinade, water, wine, peppercorns and salt to taste.
7. Simmer for about 2 1/2 hours. Check the doneness by checking that the skewer inserted into the thickest part of the meat comes out easily.
8. Let the meat cool in the stock and chill thoroughly.
9. Then, remove the string and put the veal inside an airtight container.
10. Sprinkle chopped chives and cover the container. Then, place in the chiller.
11. Serve in a serving dish.