- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Veal Piccata Recipe
|Flour||1 Ounce (30 Grams)|
|Veal||8 Medium, tenderized (Veal scalopes)|
|Butter||2 Ounce (60 Grams)|
|Lemon juice||4 Fluid Ounce (25 Milliliter)|
|Dry white wine||4 Fluid Ounce (125 Milliliter)|
|Lemon||1 , thinly sliced (For Garnish)|
Calories 439 Calories from Fat 241
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.8%
Saturated Fat 13.9 g69.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 165.4 mg
Sodium 147.8 mg6.2%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.99 g4%
Sugars 1 g
Protein 33 g65.3%
Vitamin A 7.3% Vitamin C 41.3%
Calcium 4.8% Iron 2.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Lightly flour the veal escalopes on both side and shake off excess.
2. In a medium frying pan over moderate heat melt the butter, when the butter bubbles, add the veal escalopes and saute for about 2 minutes on each side.
3. Just before the veal is completely cooked, sprinkle on the lemon juice and using tongs or a fish slice, transfer the escalopes to a serving dish to keep hot.
4. To the frying pan add the wine and boil over high heat, stirring constantly until the liquid is reduced to about 125 ml / 4 fl ounce and pour over the veal.
5. Place 3 lemon slices cut into paper thin slices, on each escalope and serve.