- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Veal Piccata Recipe Video
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Veal cutlet||4 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Olive oil||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Dry white wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chicken stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), chopped finely|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Capers||2 Tablespoon, drained|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
Calories 1258 Calories from Fat 687
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 79 g121.5%
Saturated Fat 25.8 g128.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 109.7 mg
Sodium 2988.6 mg124.5%
Total Carbohydrates 91 g30.3%
Dietary Fiber 9.5 g38%
Sugars 9.5 g
Protein 43 g85.4%
Vitamin A 20.5% Vitamin C 15.3%
Calcium 13% Iron 10.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a small Tupperware combine flour, salt and freshly ground pepper.
2. In a skillet, heat some olive oil and add butter into it and let it melt.
3. Take one slice of veal at a time and coat it with flour and pepper mixture.
4. Put these veal slices into the skillet once the oil is hot and fry both sides until they are golden brown for 2-3 minutes.
5. Now, pour white wine into the skillet to deglaze it.
6. Add chicken stock, garlic, lemon juice and capers when wine is reduced by half. Cook for 5 minutes.
7. When the sauce is thick enough, add remaining butter and chopped parsley.
8. Add veals to the pan and cook until heated through.
9. Garnish it with parsley sprigs and serve it hot.