- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cordon Bleu Recipe
|Ground veal||2 Pound|
|Green onion dip mix||2 Ounce (1 Packet, Two To An Envelope)|
|Swiss cheese slices||2 , cut in thirds|
|Boiled ham slice||3 , halved (From A 6 Ounce Package)|
|Fine dry bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 371 Calories from Fat 167
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g28.7%
Saturated Fat 7.3 g36.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 204.2 mg
Sodium 1022.4 mg42.6%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g4%
Dietary Fiber 0.38 g1.5%
Sugars 0.6 g
Protein 36 g71.3%
Vitamin A 2.9% Vitamin C
Calcium 9.1% Iron 10.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a large bowl and mix together veal and dip mix in it until well-blended.
2) Make 12 even mounds from the mixture and then figure each mound into a 4x3 rectangle on a wax paper or foil.
3) Cover each of 6 meat rectangles with a piece of cheese on top.
4) Then top them with a piece of ham, folding to fit, if required.
5) Top each again with a meat rectangle and seal by pressing the edges together.
6) In a pie plate, whip eggs slightly.
7) On the wax paper, sprinkle bread crumbs.
8) Dip each patty into whipped egg, and then roll in bread crumbs to coat well.
9) In a large frying pan, heat butter or margarine and vegetable oil and sauté the patties in it for 8 minutes on each side, tossing once, until they are crispy-brown and cooked well.
10) Serve hot.