- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Veal Parmigiano Recipe
|Veal steak/Veal cutlet||1 Pound, thinly sliced|
|Water||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs) (2 Cups Plus 2 Tea Spoons)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Fine dry bread crumbs||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Shortening||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Medium, finely chopped|
|Tomato paste||6 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Mozzarella cheese slice||6|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2150 Calories from Fat 1226
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 138 g212.8%
Saturated Fat 56.8 g283.8%
Trans Fat 6.7 g
Cholesterol 752.7 mg
Sodium 4373.8 mg182.2%
Total Carbohydrates 69 g23.1%
Dietary Fiber 11.3 g45.1%
Sugars 33 g
Protein 159 g318.5%
Vitamin A 85.9% Vitamin C 88.2%
Calcium 154.9% Iron 68%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Lightly beat together egg and 2 teaspoons water.
3. Combine Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs.
4. Dip veal in egg wash, then Parmesan mixture. Refrigerate at least 1/2 hour.
5. Brown veal on both sides in shortening in a skillet. Remove to a 1 1/2 quart shallow baking dish.
6. Saute onion in skillet. Stir in tomato paste, 1 teaspoon salt, and basil. Simmer 5 minutes. Pour three fourths of the sauce over veal. Top with moz zarella cheese. Pour remaining sauce over cheese.
7. Bake, uncovered, at 350°F 20 to 25 minutes, or until mixture is bubbly.