- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Veal Parmigiana Recipe
|Frozen egg substitute||1 Tablespoon, thawed|
|Veal cutlets||7 Ounce|
|Seasoned dried bread crumbs||3 Tablespoon|
|Tomato sauce||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Part-skim mozzarella cheese||3⁄4 Ounce, shredded|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 494 Calories from Fat 98
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.2%
Saturated Fat 4.8 g24.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 171.9 mg
Sodium 1093.2 mg45.5%
Total Carbohydrates 39 g13%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.6%
Sugars 7.5 g
Protein 56 g112.5%
Vitamin A 13% Vitamin C 19.6%
Calcium 27% Iron 17.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a shallow mixing bowl, beat egg substitute with 1 tablespoon water.
2. On a sheet of wax paper, place bread crumbs.
3. Add veal cutlets in egg substitute mixture; dip and turn to coat all sides.
4. Dredge coated veal with bread crumbs; coat all sides.
5. Grease a 9-inch nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray and heat.
6. In the bottom of the greased skillet, arrange the cutlets and cook over medium heat for 3 minutes on each side until golden.
7. Top cutlets with tomato sauce and cheese.
8. Cover the skillet and cook for about 1 minute until cheese is melted.
9. Serve immediately.