- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mustard Veal Paprika Recipe
|Veal steak||1 1⁄2 Pound (1 Inch Thick)|
|Bacon fat||2 Tablespoon|
|Onions||3 , finely chopped|
|Prepared mustard||2 Teaspoon|
|Tomatoes||1 Can (10 oz) (2 1/2 Cups)|
|Sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 881 Calories from Fat 451
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 50 g77.5%
Saturated Fat 22.2 g110.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 323.1 mg
Sodium 420.5 mg17.5%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.4%
Dietary Fiber 6.5 g26%
Sugars 14.8 g
Protein 72 g143.8%
Vitamin A 56.8% Vitamin C 59.3%
Calcium 18.4% Iron 26.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) In the bacon fat, brown the meat and put it in a shallow casserole which has a tightly fitting lid.
3) In the fat left behind, brown the onion and stir in the flour. Add the tomatoes, mustard, a bit of salt and 1/2 cup of water. Stir the mixture till it is boiling and then pour all over the meat in the casserole. If required, add some more tomato juice.
4) Cover the casserole and cook for about 45 minutes or till the veal is tendered.
5) Stir in the cream and paprika and mix properly. Heat once again without beinging to a boil
6) Serve hot after adjusting the seasoning to taste.