- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Veal Ossobuco - Cooking in Manhattan with Serena Recipe Video
|Veal shanks||2 Large, with bones|
|Sofrito||2 Cup (32 tbs) ((mixture of finely chopped carrot celery and onion))|
|Mushroom||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped|
|Chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Red wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Kosher salt||2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 1766 Calories from Fat 755
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 84 g129.3%
Saturated Fat 11.5 g57.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 675 mg
Sodium 4744.7 mg197.7%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g6.1%
Dietary Fiber 4.6 g18.6%
Sugars 1.3 g
Protein 201 g402.2%
Vitamin A 0.1% Vitamin C 72.6%
Calcium 23.4% Iron 54.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Heat a cast iron skillet over medium heat and pour 2 tablespoon of vegetable oil.
3. Add the veggies and let it brown.
4. Season the veal with salt and pepper from all sides.
5. When the veggies are slightly brown, add the mushrooms; season with salt.
6. When the mushroom is done, put in the veal shanks with the bone down.
7. Cook until the veal shanks are brown from all sides.
8. Add the red wine and scrape the bottom; let cook until the alcohol is evaporated.
9. Add the chicken broth and stir the veal shanks around.
10. Finish the dish in the oven by cooking for about an hour.
11. Serve the Ossobuco with some sauce and risotto.