- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Veal on Noodles Recipe
|Olive oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated|
|Soft bread cubes||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Bread cubes||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Veal cutlets||6 , cut in 5 inch squares, 1/4 inch thick|
|Pimiento||4 Ounce, cut in strips (1/2 Jar)|
|Pimiento||4 Ounce, cut|
|Eggs||2 , hard-cooked and thinly sliced|
|Eggs||2 , thinly sliced|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Stewed tomatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Tomato paste||5 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Catelli noodles||12 Ounce (1 Package, Medium Or Broad)|
Calories 1157 Calories from Fat 574
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 65 g100.2%
Saturated Fat 11.6 g57.9%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 282.6 mg
Sodium 1291.6 mg53.8%
Total Carbohydrates 96 g31.8%
Dietary Fiber 7.2 g28.8%
Sugars 19.7 g
Protein 49 g98.8%
Vitamin A 45.4% Vitamin C 84%
Calcium 25.4% Iron 36.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Combine 1/3 cup olive oil, 1/4 cup onion, cheese, bread cubes and 1/2 teaspoon each salt, oregano and pepper.
2) Spread on veal slices.
3) On top of each slice, place strips of pimiento and egg slices and then sprinkle with parsley.
4) With toothpicks, secure the veal rolls firmly.
5) In a frying pan, add the rest of the olive oil.
6) Place the veal rolls in hot oil and brown on all sides, turning over as required.
7) At the same time, carefully saute garlic and onion around the rolls.
8) Leave the garlic and onion mixture in the pan and transfer veal rolls alone to a platter.
9) Add the rest of the onion, stewed tomatoes, tomato paste, salt, sugar, pepper and water to the onion-garlic mixture. Mix well.
10) Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
11) Now, add veal rolls and simmer for 14 minutes longer.
12) Meanwhile, cook noodles according to the package directions.
13) Drain thoroughly and transfer to serving platter.
14) Cut veal rolls into half and place them on top of the noodles platter. Pour sauce on top before serving.