- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Veal Italian Recipe
|Veal round steak||1 Pound (1/4 Inch Thick)|
|Pepper white||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm) (Small Clove)|
|White cooking wine||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Canned sliced carrots||16 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Cherry tomatoes||14 , halved|
|Chopped parsley||2 Teaspoon (Or As Needed)|
Calories 399 Calories from Fat 223
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38.3%
Saturated Fat 7.7 g38.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 60 mg
Sodium 1359.4 mg56.6%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g7%
Dietary Fiber 5.3 g21%
Sugars 5 g
Protein 18 g35.3%
Vitamin A 11.5% Vitamin C 23.5%
Calcium 2.1% Iron 2.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Chop the veal into 2-inch pieces and season it with salt, pepper, and thyme.
2) Take a large frying pan and heat oil, saute veal and garlic until meat is browned. Remove garlic.
3) Add wine and cover. Simmer for about 20 minutes.
4) Stir in carrots and tomatoes and simmer for 10 minutes, until meat is tender.
5) Sprinkle parsley and serve over rice or noodles.