- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Veal In Walnut Sauce Recipe
|Boneless veal shoulder||2 Pound (900 Gram)|
|Veal stock/Chicken stock||500 Milliliter (2 Cups)|
|White onion||1 Small, cut in quarters|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Dried thyme||1⁄2 Teaspoon (2 Milliliter)|
|Mexican cream/Whipping cream||375 Milliliter (1 1/2 Cups)|
|Walnuts||310 Milliliter (1 1/4 Cups)|
|Sliced blanched almonds||60 Milliliter (1/4 Cup)|
|Sliced blanched almonds||60 Milliliter, sliced blanched almonds (1/4 Cups)|
|Lard/Vegetable oil||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Minced onion||60 Milliliter (1/4 Cup)|
|Minced coriander||125 Milliliter (1/2 Cup)|
|Salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon (1 Milliliter)|
|Hot cooked white rice||750 Milliliter (3 Cups)|
|Cooked green beans||1 1⁄2 Pound|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 6959 Calories from Fat 3708
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 430 g661.6%
Saturated Fat 102 g510%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1309.3 mg
Sodium 2623.9 mg109.3%
Total Carbohydrates 448 g149.4%
Dietary Fiber 68.5 g274%
Sugars 43.9 g
Protein 349 g698%
Vitamin A 319.3% Vitamin C 196.3%
Calcium 139% Iron 192.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Meanwhile, combine Mexican Cream, 1 cup (250 mL) walnuts and the almonds in small saucepan. Heat over medium-low heat to simmering; cook 5 minutes. Remove from heat; let stand 30 minutes.
3. Toast remaining 1/4 cup (60 mL) walnuts in small dry skillet over medium heat, turning occasionally, until golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Reserve.
4. Drain veal, reserving stock. Discard onion and garlic.
5. Transfer cream mixture to blender container. Process until very smooth. Add reserved stock; process until blended.
6. Heat lard in deep 10-inch (257cm) skillet over medium heat until hot. Add minced onion; saute until soft, about 4 minutes. Add veal; saute 5 minutes. Stir in cream sauce; heat to simmering. Simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until sauce is slightly thickened, about 15 minutes.
7. Stir minced coriander and salt into veal mixture