- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Veal Cutlets With Mushrooms Recipe
|Veal cutlets||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|All purpose flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Onions||2 Large, cut in eighths|
|Celery stalks||2 Medium|
|Celery stalks||2 Medium, each cut crosswise in thirds|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Chicken bouillon cubes||2|
|Mushrooms||8 Ounce, sliced|
Calories 314 Calories from Fat 88
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.3%
Saturated Fat 2.1 g10.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 90 mg
Sodium 774.4 mg32.3%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.3%
Dietary Fiber 4.6 g18.3%
Sugars 10 g
Protein 28 g56.8%
Vitamin A 3.9% Vitamin C 30.3%
Calcium 6.2% Iron 5.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Place veal amidst 2 wax paper pieces.
2. With a heavy plate’s edge or meat hammer, pound to ¼ inch thick.
3. Make into 2 X 2 inch pieces.
4. Take a large plastic bag. Add flour along with salt and pepper and mix well.
5. Add veal pieces and shake to coat evenly.
6. Place a 12 inch skillet on high heat and heat oil.
7. Add veal pieces and sauté to evenly brown.
8. Take out and keep aside.
9. Using a knife blade fitted to a mixer bowl, chop parsley and onion coarsely.
10. Place in skillet and sauté.
11. Using a disc fitted to a mixer bowl, with slicing side facing up, slice celery.
12. Add to skillet and sauté to soft.
13. Add browned veal pieces followed by sherry, thyme, basil, bouillon cubes and water.
14. Simmer, covered, for 20 minutes to soften veal pieces.
15. Add mushroom, stir and cook for 5 minutes.