- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Original Veal Cordon Blue Recipe
|Cooked ham||2 , halved (Thin Slices)|
|Swiss cheese slice||2 , halved (Rectangular)|
|Veal scallops||1⁄2 Pound, pounded thin (Or 4 Small, 250 Gram)|
|Seasoned dry bread crumbs||250 Milliliter|
|Water||50 Milliliter (1/4 Cup)|
Calories 615 Calories from Fat 220
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38.1%
Saturated Fat 7.7 g38.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 124.7 mg
Sodium 1463.1 mg61%
Total Carbohydrates 44 g14.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g14.8%
Sugars 4.3 g
Protein 54 g108.4%
Vitamin A 3.6% Vitamin C 2.9%
Calcium 18.7% Iron 18.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Place the ham and cheese on the veal.
2. Roll the veal up and secure with wooden toothpicks.
3. In a bowl, beat the egg in the water.
4. In another bowl, mix bread crumbs with salt, pepper and allspice.
5. First dip veal rolls in the bread crumbs, then in the egg and again, finally in the bread crumbs.
6. In an 8-inch square dish, coat the bottom with oil.
7. Place the veal rolls, seam-side down, in the dish.
8. In the microwave, cook for 6-7 minutes at High, turning the rolls midway.
9. Let it stand, covered, for at least 5 minutes before you serve.