- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Veal Continental Recipe
|Veal cube steaks||6|
|All purpose flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Instant chicken broth/Granulated chicken bouillon||1 Teaspoon|
|Dry sherry||3 Tablespoon|
|Swiss cheese slices||2 , cut in strips (long)|
|Mozzarella cheese slices||2 , cut in strips (long)|
Calories 248 Calories from Fat 115
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20%
Saturated Fat 8 g39.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 121.1 mg
Sodium 241.9 mg10.1%
Total Carbohydrates 4 g1.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.07 g0.28%
Sugars 1.2 g
Protein 27 g54.1%
Vitamin A 6.2% Vitamin C
Calcium 9.4% Iron 0.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a pan, add butter or margarine and heat.
2) Add the veal, little at a time, and brown.
3) In a 13x9x2 baking dish, arrange the veal on the base in a single layer.
4) Stir the flour into the pan drippings.
5) Mix in the milk, water, and chicken broth.
6) Stir constantly and cook till the mixture thickens and boils for 1 minute.
7) Stir in sherry and pepper and allow to boiling.
8) Add sauce over the veal.
9) Top with Swiss and mozzarella cheese strips.
10) When ready to serve, place in oven at 425° for 25 minutes till the cheese melts and is slightly browned.