- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Veal Columbo Recipe
|Veal cutlet||1 1⁄2 Pound, cut into serving pieces|
|Wheat germ||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Oregano||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Garlic powder||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Onion powder||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Canned mushrooms and juice||3 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Tomato paste||3 Tablespoon|
|Marsala wine/Sherry/water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 491 Calories from Fat 268
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47.4%
Saturated Fat 8.4 g42%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 32 mg
Sodium 896.7 mg37.4%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.7%
Dietary Fiber 4.8 g19.4%
Sugars 5 g
Protein 17 g34%
Vitamin A 19.9% Vitamin C 14.2%
Calcium 5.3% Iron 7.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. To prepare the veal pieces coat them with 3 tablespoons of the wheat germ and pound into the meat with a mallet or knife.
2. In a bowl stir together the remaining wheat germ, flour, salt and spices and spread mixture over a sheet of wax paper.
3. Dip the pieces of veal into the mixture to coat each piece well, saute the veal in margarine until golden on both sides and remove.
4. Over a bowl drain the mushrooms, measure the collected liquid and add water to make 1/2 cup.
5. Pour into the skillet and mix in the mushrooms, tomato paste and the water or wine.
6. Returning the veal to the skillet simmer for 10 minutes.
7. On a heated platter arrange the veal spread the sauce over and serve garnished with parsley.