- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Veal Chop Suey Recipe
|Thinly sliced veal||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Diced celery||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Chopped onions||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chicken bouillon||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Bean sprouts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canned mushroom pieces||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Cold water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 326 Calories from Fat 100
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.4%
Saturated Fat 6 g30.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 26 mg
Sodium 913.8 mg38.1%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.2%
Sugars 5 g
Protein 31 g61.9%
Vitamin A 9.9% Vitamin C 14%
Calcium 4.2% Iron 6.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a 4-quart casserole, melt butter or margarine for 35 seconds on High.
2) Coat veal with flour and then add to butter.
3) Cook the veal in microwave for 4 to 5 minutes on High, stirring once.
4) Mix in celery, onions, salt, pepper and bouillon and then heat the mixture for 8 minutes on High.
5) Stir in bean sprouts, mushrooms, soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce.
6) Mix cornstarch with cold water and add to the meat mixture.
7) Cook the mixture for 4 minutes on High until Chop Suey becomes thick.
8) Serve hot along with rice or noodles.