- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Veal Breast Stuffed With Mushrooms Recipe
|Chicken stock/Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dried mushrooms||1 Ounce|
|Boneless veal breast||2 1⁄2 Pound|
|Olive oil/Canola oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1 , finely chopped|
|Stalk celery||2 , finely chopped|
|Celery stalks||2 , finely chopped|
|White mushrooms||8 Ounce, trimmed and sliced|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Dried bread crumbs||2 Tablespoon (Fine)|
|Fine bread crumbs||2 Tablespoon, dried|
Calories 508 Calories from Fat 277
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47.3%
Saturated Fat 11.7 g58.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 135.4 mg
Sodium 331.1 mg13.8%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9%
Sugars 7.5 g
Protein 37 g74.6%
Vitamin A 10.9% Vitamin C 17.1%
Calcium 5.6% Iron 12.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 325°F before baking.
2) In a small saucepan, over moderate heat, bring the chicken stock and dried mushrooms ( if planning to use) to a boil.
3) Soak the mushrooms for at least 15 minutes in the stock after taking off the saucepan from heat.
4) Remove excess fat from the veal breast using a sharp knife.
5) Dry them with paper towels after opening out.
6) Add a pinch each of salt and pepper to the inner portion and keep aside.
7) In a nonstick skillet, over moderate heat, heat oil and lightly brown onion and celery in it for about 5 minutes until softened.
8) Stir in white mushrooms and sauté for about 10 minutes until very soft and most of the liquid has evaporated.
9) Add in parsley, bread crumbs, and 1/8 teaspoon each of salt and pepper after taking off the skillet from heat.
10) Save the stock from dried mushrooms on straining, chop them finely and then mix with the cooked mushroom mixture.
11) Along one of the short edges of the veal breast, place the mushroom mixture and roll up the long edge of meat over the stuffing.
12) Seal the stuffing by tying up the meat at regular intervals with a kitchen string.
13) On a rack in a roasting pan, keep the veal with seam side down and roast for about 30 minutes.
14) In the meantime, boil the saved stock and then add in honey and cook for about 5 minutes for the glaze.
15) Apply glaze over the veal and again roast for about 1 hour more, basting every 10 minutes with glaze, until the veal becomes soft and the inner temperature of the meat reads 170°F on a cooking thermometer.
16) Serve hot.