- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Veal Balls with Fresh Tomato Sauce Recipe
|For veal bone|
|Veal||2 Pound, minced|
|Onion||2 Ounce, skinned and finely chopped|
|Fresh white breadcrumbs||2 Ounce|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped mint||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried oregano||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), skinned and crushed|
|Boiling water||2 Tablespoon|
|Flour||2 Tablespoon (For Coating)|
|Lard||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
|For tomato sauce|
|Onion||6 Ounce, skinned and sliced|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Ripe tomatoes||1 Pound, skinned and chopped|
|Sugar||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
Calories 696 Calories from Fat 380
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 42 g65.4%
Saturated Fat 14.9 g74.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 296.1 mg
Sodium 530.2 mg22.1%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g14.1%
Sugars 7.1 g
Protein 50 g100.9%
Vitamin A 35.7% Vitamin C 50%
Calcium 12.8% Iron 14.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the lard or oil in a frying pan, 5 minutes before cooking.
2) Take a large mixing bowl and combine, veal, onion, breadcrumbs, beaten eggs, olive oil, wine vinegar, parsley, mint, oregano, garlic, skinned and crushed, boiling water, salt, and pepper.
3) Mix well and make walnut sized balls from it.
4) Now, put the balls, over a floured baking sheet, and twist and turn the sheet gently to coat the balls with the flour.
5) Put the balls in hot oil and deep fry them for about 4-5 minutes. Turn the balls occasionally to brown them evenly all around.
6) Place the fried balls on kitchen towels and drain. Allow to cool at room temperature.
7) To make sauce, take a pan and saute onions in oil, until tender.
8) Now add ripe tomatoes, sugar, ground cinnamon, stock or water, salt and, pepper. Simmer all ingredients until tomatoes are soft and done.
9) Put the sauce in a blender and puree. Alternatively sieve the sauce and allow it to cool.
10) Serve warm with tomato sauce poured over meatballs.