- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Veal and Ham Pie Recipe
|Veal fillet||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Cooked ham||1⁄2 Pound|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon rind||1⁄2 Teaspoon, grated|
|Salt||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Hard boiled eggs||3|
|Consomme||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pastry||1 (For A 9 Inch One Crust Pie)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2559 Calories from Fat 1542
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 171 g263.1%
Saturated Fat 62.4 g312.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1385.6 mg
Sodium 3466.9 mg144.5%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.6%
Dietary Fiber 5.1 g20.4%
Sugars 13.9 g
Protein 215 g429.1%
Vitamin A 78.7% Vitamin C 77.3%
Calcium 35% Iron 89.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven by setting it to 325° F
2. Cube the ham and veal after trimming away the extra fat.
3. Take a bowl and mix all the herbs along with salt and pepper.
4. Take a deep pie plate sized 8 inches and arrange the ham, veal, favorings, herbs and egg slices alternately within it.
5. Add the consommé to it.
6. Moisten the pie plate edges before pressing down the pastry edges in it.
7. Decorate according to choice.
8. Create a hole in the middle and decorate with the pastry trimming leaves.
9. Brush lightly with beaten egg.
10. Place it in a pre heated oven and bake for 1 to 1 ¼ hours.
11. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours or leave undisturbed for the night.
12. Serve hot or cold.