- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Veal and Ham Casserole Recipe
|Veal fillet||1 1⁄2 Pound, cut into thin slices|
|Breadcrumbs||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cooked ham||1 Pound, thinly sliced|
|Sliced mushrooms||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Tomato sauce||16 Ounce (2 Cans, 8 Ounce Each)|
|Chicken broth||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Blanched almonds||3 Tablespoon|
|Powdered mace||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
Calories 904 Calories from Fat 547
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 62 g94.6%
Saturated Fat 22.5 g112.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 192.1 mg
Sodium 360.4 mg15%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.2%
Dietary Fiber 4.5 g18.1%
Sugars 9.6 g
Protein 64 g128.5%
Vitamin A 21.8% Vitamin C 26.9%
Calcium 16.9% Iron 29.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 300 degrees.
2) Pound the slices of veal till they are thin, coat with the breadcrumbs and dip in milk and egg. Coat with the breadcrumbs once again.
3) In a saute pan, heat the oil and butter and cook the coated veal till it is golden and risp. Move it to a deep casserole.
4) In a separate saute pan, crisp the ham and add to the casserole with the veal.
5) In the remaining fat in the pan, saute the mushrooms for about 5 minutes. If required, add some more butter. Add the tomato sauce, almonds and chicken broth to the pan and stir properly. Add the herbs and seasoning, cook over low flame for nearly 10 minutes and pour the sauce all over the meat in the casserole.
6) Cover the casserole and cook for about 1 1/4 hours.
7) Serve hot with noodles after adjusting the seasoning.