- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vanilla Yogurt Ice with Honeyed Pink Grapefruit Recipe
|For vanilla yogurt ice :|
|Golden caster sugar||8 Ounce (200 Gram)|
|Vanilla pod||1 , seeds scraped out|
|Natural yogurt||100 Gram (2 Pots, 500 Gram Each)|
|For honeyed pink grapefruit :|
|Clear honey||4 Tablespoon|
|Mint leaves||1 Tablespoon (Few For Serving)|
Calories 177 Calories from Fat 5
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.56 g0.87%
Saturated Fat 0.28 g1.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1.6 mg
Sodium 6.6 mg0.3%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g6%
Sugars 34.9 g
Protein 1 g2.4%
Vitamin A 7% Vitamin C 62.7%
Calcium 3.8% Iron 1.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Line a 1 kg loaf tin with a piece of cling film.
2) Segment the grapefruit and accumulate about 200 ml juice in a bowl.
3) In a bowl, rub the vanilla seeds with sugar until evenly mixed.
4) Stir in the yogurt until the sugar is dissolved.
5) Pour the yogurt mixture in an ice-cream maker until frozen but still soft.
6) Alternately pour the yogurt mixture into a freezer-safe container and freeze for 4 to 6 hours, stirring thoroughly at an interval of 1 hour. 7) Spoon the soft frozen yogurt into the prepared tin, cover with a cling film and freeze for minimum 4 hours, until firm.
8) In a small pan, combine the grapefruit juice with the honey.
9) Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes until thick and syrupy.
10) Stir in the segments, then allow to cool.
11) Remove the yogurt ice from the freezer about 10 minutes before serving time.
12) Slice the ice, top with the grapefruit segments, spoon over the honeyed sauce, sprinkle with the mint leaves and serve the Vanilla Yogurt Ice with Honeyed Pink Grapefruit immediately.